From:
Maps-L Moderator <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Thu, 19 Feb 2009 08:51:39 -0600
Hi Kathleen,

Well, I'm not saying that our display cases are perfect but they do work
nicely. My initial reaction is that you don't want your display case to
slant at all. You may want to have a flat map as a backdrop for other
maps or atlases on top. We use display stands, wedges, foam, rolled
bubble wrap, etc. to prop up maps or atlases or books. You can see a few
photos of our display cases. These were custom made for our collection
and lock securely.

http://www.uwm.edu/~acope/New%20York%20007.jpg
http://www.uwm.edu/~acope/New%20York%20008.jpg
http://www.uwm.edu/~acope/New%20York%20011.jpg

You can check Brodart or Gaylord for display equipment.

Good luck!

Angie
AGSL
UWM Libraries