From:
Date:
Thu, 23 Sep 1993 12:10:16 EDT
Two messages on the subject of Marchive and III.  ----- Johnnie

         Re: III and Marchive for maps
      Wed, 22 Sep 93 14:22:13 -0700

UCSB purchased all the map records because map questions
are asked at sheet level - so it makes sense to get
sheet-level records (preferably cataloged by anyone
other than me!).  All the records were put in one
processing unit (this library uses NOTIS), which is
essentially a "holding pen;" when we are ready to add
to the public catalog, we'll do so all at once.
Mary L. Larsgaard, UCSB Map & Imagery Lab

      23 Sep 93 10:04:00 EDT
      "SCHLESINGER, PETER" <[log in to unmask]>
         RE: III and Marchive for maps

What are Marchive tapes? Could someone explain this message a little more?

Peter Schlesinger
Woods Hole Research Center