From:
Date:
Fri, 31 Aug 2012 12:14:15 -0500
Subject: RE:      Movie title
Date: Fri, 31 Aug 2012 09:42:11 -0700
From: Edward Sullivan <[log in to unmask]>
To: Maps, Air Photo, GIS Forum - Map Librarianship <[log in to unmask]>

Perhaps a good place to do further research?:

http://www.mapsinliterature.it/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=89&Itemid=114

"Linked to the project Maps in Literature is the initiative Maps in
movies and TV. This project is aimed to build a database of the shots
that show maps from movies and television fiction programs from all the
world. We leave out of the database all those productions, like
documentaries, news, learning material, etc. that do not belong to the
genre of fiction. The quotations are reported in the movie's original
language. Each quotation within a film is separated (if quotations are
more than one) from the other by a short image. For every movie we have
always made a complete examination, if not differently indicated.
Quotations are accessible in mp4 format for viewing and downloading;
many of them are also accessible through YouTube. Quotations are indexed
in a catalog accessible here (ordered by movie title).

The project is coordinated by Giacomo Andreucci, post-doc researcher at
the University of Bologna, Italy ( [log in to unmask] ) and is
open to every suggestion and contribution."

Edward A. Sullivan, III
Senior Technical Associate
Economic & Planning Systems, Inc.
2501 9th Street, Suite 200, Berkeley, CA, 94710-2257
Voice: 510-841-9190      FAX: 510-841-9208
Email: [log in to unmask]
Web site: www.epsys.com