From:
Johnnie Sutherland <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Kevin Howald <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 9 Oct 2000 17:58:11 -0400
--- Begin Forwarded Message ---
Date: Mon, 9 Oct 2000 17:41:58 -0400
From: Kevin Howald <[log in to unmask]>
Subject: Re:      Re: FW: USA NATIONAL ATLAS ONLINE <fwd>
Sender: Kevin Howald <[log in to unmask]>

Hi Bill -

The key point here is the concept of added-value.  Freely available data,
including map data, from the government is usable as-is in most instances.
But those users that require data with greater accuracy or currency will not
mind paying for a data product that is more accurate, easier-to-use, etc.
Nothing is being paid for twice.  The best part is the end-user has a choice
of products.

Kevin Howald