From:
Susan Powell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 19 May 2020 16:38:46 -0700
Greetings!

We're excited to share both our first online exhibit, *Mapping the Bay*,
and the finalists' maps from our first student mapmaking contest.

The maps in the online exhibit include highlights from the UC Berkeley
Earth Science & Map Library's Historic Maps of the Bay Area Collection
<https://digicoll.lib.berkeley.edu/search?&sf=title&so=a&rm=&p=collection%3A%27Historic%20maps%20of%20the%20Bay%20Area%27&ln=en>,
supplemented with additional historic and modern maps. They are organized
loosely by region (Bay Area as a whole, East Bay, North Bay, Peninsula, San
Francisco and South Bay) and by theme. You will also see several different
types of maps—nautical, topographic, geologic, road maps, census maps and
more.

Take a look through the exhibit, and cast your vote for your three favorite
maps from the contest. Voting is open through *May 22nd* at midnight.
Winners will be announced *May 26th*.

Find both the voting and the exhibit at the link below:

*https://exhibits.lib.berkeley.edu/spotlight/mapthebay
<https://exhibits.lib.berkeley.edu/spotlight/mapthebay>  *

Enjoy,
Susan
on behalf of the UC Berkeley Earth Sciences & Map Library Staff

--
Susan Powell
GIS & Map Librarian