From:
Carlos A Diaz <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 13 Oct 2016 09:14:20 -0700
Yes, you can update USGS topo maps from their site but in order to print
them out you will need a map plotter in order to do so.

I wouldn't dispose of the print maps.  There's a great deal of value in
them.  The USTopo maps (especially the early editions) don't include the
same information as its predecessor.

However, if this is a space issue and you have all 50 states, retain those
states within your region and see if you can have a housing agreement for
the rest of the maps with the geography department on campus or another
such entity.  I'm sure they would use them.

Carlos A Diaz
askcarlos.com