From:
Angela R Cope <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 20 Oct 2015 19:55:35 +0000

Rick,

If you bring in a record and later, OCLC merges that record with another, they keep a history of that. So, you will always be able to search the OCLC number for the record in your database and find it in OCLC.

And, I have noticed, over the 13+ years of cataloging maps, that they do merge records. Sometimes in error. You can report those errors and they're very responsive and helpful.

Angie