From:
Jim Hammons <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 15 Apr 1993 14:52:12 EDT
Please respond to me directly if you can help.

I have a patron who recently adopted two children from Peru.  They
suffer from a heart disorder that their physician thinks is a result
of living in high altitude.  To help the doctor verify this, the patron
would like to find out what the altitude of the children's home village
is.  Can anyone help?

The village is SAN MARTIN DE PANGOA
is located in the province of SATIPO
which is in the department of JUNIN.

The village is due east of Lima.

The patron was referred to us by a public librarian in the area
who thought we'd have a source from DMA that listed altitudes of
places around the world.  We don't have such a source here.  I
did check a DMA air navigation map, but it didn't provide
topography for this particular area.

Thanks in advance for your help!

Jim

* James Hammons                          [log in to unmask]       *
* Government Publications Librarian      [log in to unmask]           *
* Old Dominion University Library        phone: (804) 683-4168 or -4169 *
* Norfolk, VA  23529-0254                fax: (804) 683-5035            *
*            "A librarian is much cuter than a computer."               *