From:
Angie Cope <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 18 Dec 2007 15:09:28 -0600
Forwarded ... of interest ...

-------- Original Message --------
Subject:        CFP: GIS research on the early modern Atlantic world
Date:   Tue, 18 Dec 2007 13:56:43 -0700
From:   Sam Otterstrom <[log in to unmask]>
To:     [log in to unmask]

From: Ian Aebel [[log in to unmask]]
Date sent: 12 Dec 2007

Hello everyone!

I am writing to solicit paper proposals for a panel I am putting together for the 2009 AHA in New York.  The panel will focus on the use of GIS (Geographic Information Systems) software in research on the early modern Atlantic world, broadly defined both temporally and geographically.  My paper will describe the use of GIS software to map the production of history in the early modern English Atlantic world.

If you would like to be a part of this panel, please contact me off list. ([log in to unmask])

Cheers, and hope all of your semesters transition smoothly into the holidays!

Ian Aebel
Ph.D. Candidate
Department of History
University of New Hampshire