From:
Linda K Ginn <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 27 Apr 2017 20:48:04 +0000
A few years ago, I did some work looking at maps and geographical imagery in editorial cartoons focused on images in the AAEC Editorial Cartoons Digital Collection at University of Southern Mississippi. (AAEC: Association of American Editorial Cartoonists). A few are here.

Brow wrinkled with care (John Riedell, 1969)

http://digilib.usm.edu/cdm/singleitem/collection/cartoon/id/753/rec/1

[Laos and Hanoi] (John Stampone, 1969?)

http://digilib.usm.edu/cdm/singleitem/collection/cartoon/id/946/rec/31

International year of the child (Eldon Pletcher, 1979)

http://digilib.usm.edu/cdm/singleitem/collection/cartoon/id/1186/rec/2

Have gun will travel (Eldon Pletcher, 1981-1984)

http://digilib.usm.edu/cdm/singleitem/collection/cartoon/id/1375/rec/16

Linda K. Ginn, M.L.I.S.

Assoc. Professor, Head General Collections Cataloging

The University of Southern Mississippi

118 College Dr #5053

Hattiesburg MS 39406-0001

601.266.6398

“Ask a librarian—they’re nice people, they’ll tell you things if you ask them.” (Jack Reacher on “How to Extract Information” in Reacher’s Rules by Lee Child)