From:
"Angie Cope, AGSL" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 3 Jan 2006 11:06:10 -0600
Subject:        Outline Maps
Date:   Tue, 3 Jan 2006 16:51:00 +0000 (GMT)
From:   Harold Cook <[log in to unmask]>
To:     [log in to unmask]

    To illustrate some developments in global history, I wish to make some
simple outline maps of various regions of the world, just needing to show
coastlines and major rivers, on which I can add dots and names for cities.
Is there a such a basic set in the electronic public domain, or a simple
for-sale program? Would a good alternative be to download satellite photos
of terrain and land-masses, and add labels to them? Advice would be very
welcome. Thanks in advance.

  Harold J. Cook, Ph.D. FRCP (hon.)
  Professor and Director
  Wellcome Trust Centre for the History of Medicine at UCL
  www.ucl.ac.uk/histmed/
  Please reply to:
  fgcook@btinternet