Date:
Tue, 23 Aug 1994 14:22:39 EDT

Folks --

Has anyone found a "good" source for digital data for the 1970 and/or
1980 Census. Our Wessex data for 1990 is proving to be a gold mine, and
so much easier to use than the federal data, and we have the 1980
boundary files from American dbf but we now have a project going where
the 1970 and 1980 data would be valuable. I'm aware of some datasets from
the Urban Land Institute, which are in SAS, but is there anything else
that people may be aware of??

Also, county level data is not of much use to us. We would like it at
least to the town level and tract data would be very good. Any advice
will be greatly appreciated.

David A. Cobb                           PH  (617) 495-2417
Harvard Map Collection                  FAX (617) 496-9802
Harvard College Library                 [log in to unmask]
Cambridge, MA 02138

                          VE * RI * TAS