From:
Johnnie Sutherland <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Kevin Howald <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 11 May 2001 16:02:34 -0400
--- Begin Forwarded Message ---
Date: Fri, 11 May 2001 10:44:45 -0700
From: Kevin Howald <[log in to unmask]>
Subject: RE: Sample scan of old AMS-series index - in DjVu format
Sender: Kevin Howald <[log in to unmask]>

Hi -

Mary Larsgaard suggested that I let MAPS-L know about the DjVU testing I did
with her scanned index maps of Hokkaido.  DjVu is a new software technology
from LizardTech specifically designed for scanned documents.  From the large
JPEG files provided by Mary, I created a single DjVu document file that has
the front and back pages of the Hokkaido index map, plus hyperlinks.  The
file is only 416 KB and the image quality is fantastic.

To create the DjVu file I used the DjVu Solo encoder product, which is free
for non-commercial purposes from LizardTech.  It can be downloaded from:

      http://www.lizardtech.com/cgi-bin/products/desc.pl?tsb=25733

If anyone is interested in seeing the Hokkaido index map in DjVu format,
please let me know via email ([log in to unmask]) and I would be happy to
send it as an email attachment.

Regards.

Kevin Howald

                      "We Make Imaging Work. Everywhere."

Kevin Howald
LizardTech, Inc.
telephone:  1-330-928-5672
facsimile:   1-330-928-5673
email:       [log in to unmask]
Web site:  http://www.lizardtech.com
LizardTech Confidential Information.
Copyright © 2001, LizardTech, Inc. All rights reserved.