From:
Ken Grabach <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 12 Aug 2015 12:42:26 -0400
This question is for those US librarians with Depository Program
collections.  My questions are specifically about the Bureau of Land
Management 1:100,000 Surface Management and Mineral Management maps.

It has been a while since I worked directly with these.  I have maps with
recent dates of 2014.  One question, are they still being produced?  I
assume they are because the most recent shipping list was from March,
2015.  Another question: Is it one item number series for all of them, no
matter the state coverage?  It appears that they are from the item numbers
on shipping lists.  But is it possible to specify only certain states to
receive?

Also, about usage.  I assume that most of you in the western U.S. states
covered by these maps probably see usage from the public.  Do any of you in
other areas not covered by the series see requests as well?  I have had
little use, to the extent I am considering discontinuance of these.  I
would like to hear from colleagues before I take that drastic step.

Thanks in advance for your consideration of these questions.

Ken Grabach
Maps Librarian
BEST Library, 219D
Miami University Libraries