From:
Maps-L Moderator <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Wed, 18 Feb 2009 10:09:44 -0600
Subject:        Enhancements to the Arizona Electronic Atlas
Date:   Wed, 18 Feb 2009 09:08:21 -0700
From:   Kollen, Chris <[log in to unmask]>
To:     <[log in to unmask]>

Hi:

Here’s the announcement we recently sent out for enhancements to the
Arizona Electronic Atlas to campus. I thought you guys would be interested!

Thanks

Chris

Did you know that the Arizona Electronic Atlas
(http://atlas.library.arizona.edu) has just added three more Map Themes?
Now there are SEVEN Map Themes to create, manipulate, and download maps.
Are you interested in knowing what the incidence rate of Valley Fever is
for Arizona counties? Maybe you are more interested in learning about
the boundary changes for American Indian Reservations from 1870 to 2000
in Arizona? OR maybe you want to know where the ground fissures and
groundwater recharge areas are in Arizona? Whatever your interest, the
Arizona Electronic Atlas can help you create your own maps.

Another major addition is the Arizona Historic Census GeoDatabase. You
can download and view geospatial data in shapefile format (to use in
Geographic Information Systems software) for American Indian
Reservations from 1870-1980, Cities and Towns from 1870-1970, City Wards
from 1920-1950, and County Subdivisions from 1930-1970. For more
information, please contact Chris Kollen ([log in to unmask]
<mailto:[log in to unmask]>).

Chris Kollen

Librarian

Research Support Services Team