From:
Joel Kovarsky <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 2 Oct 2015 09:13:52 -0400
I am curious to see the article Paige Andrews mentions. Although not
formally established, some of the groundwork for the FDLP had begun in
the early 19th century as the idea of distributing select government
documents to libraries outside the government began to surface. The
Printing Act of 1895 set up some of the legal groundwork for
distribution. The formal establishment of the FDLP, from what I can see,
came with the Depository Library Act of 1962 ( Title 44, Chapter 19 of
the U.S. Code;
http://www.fdlp.gov/file-repository/about-the-fdlp/4-depository-library-act-of-1962?path=about-the-fdlp
).

         Joel Kovarsky