From:
Date:
Thu, 4 Jun 1998 14:54:10 EDT
4 messages.-----Johnnie

>Date: Wed, 03 Jun 1998 16:18:00 -0400
>From: Rebecca Aaronson <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: Re: Historic Urban Plans

We have this series and we have catalogued the individual sheets.  We also
keep the small guidebook handy at the reference desk.

Rebecca Aaronson
Rotch Library
M.I.T.

At 03:50 PM 6/3/98 EDT, you wrote:
>Hello:
>
>If your collection includes the Historic Urban Plans
>series, how do you provide access to them?
>Do you catalogue the individual sheets? (There is
>OCLC copy for the individual titles, but not for the series.)
>
>Or do you just keep them in a drawer, in alphabetical
>order by place? (Or perhaps file them geographically by
>country?)
>
>Sue Haffner
>Map Library
>CSU Fresno

>Date: Wed, 3 Jun 1998 14:44:16 -0700 (PDT)
>From: Philip Hoehn <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: Re: Historic Urban Plans

They need to be cataloged and classified as separate titles.

   Phil Hoehn
   Branner Earth Sciences Library & Map Collections
   Stanford University

>From: HelenJane Armstrong <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: RE: Historic Urban Plans
>Date: Wed, 3 Jun 1998 17:11:58 -0400

The University of Florida Map & Imagery Library is in the process of
cataloging the facsimiles purchased from Historic Urban Plans.  These
are being cataloged based on patron priorities because of our large
arearage of uncatalog maps.  The uncataloged ones are available in
special facsimiles drawers with the maps organized by LC Class numbers
including the imaginary option.  A file is maintained for the maps
located in these drawers but there is nothing in the online catalog.  We
want to have all of these maps cataloged as soon as possible but in the
meantime we are imputing a collection level statement that indicates
they are held by our library.

HelenJane Armstrong, PhD
Head, Map & Imagery Library
George A. Smathers Library
University of Florida
PO Box 117011
Gainesville, Florida 32611-7011
EMAIL: [log in to unmask]

>Date: 04 Jun 98 13:45:57 EDT
>From: [log in to unmask] (Joyce A. Ryerson)
>Subject: Re: Historic Urban Plans

Our set of Historic Urban Plans are classed together and filed alphabetically.
They are in cardboard folders on top of the map cases.  I use an index sheet
with the names of the plans to see what we have.  Sometimes I refer to the
catalogs before pulling a plan to show a patron what it looks like.

Joyce Ryerson
Map Room
Baker Library
Dartmouth College