From:
Maps-L Moderator <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Thu, 28 Aug 2008 13:03:51 -0500
Subject:        Historic atlases now online
Date:   Thu, 28 Aug 2008 09:59:21 -0700
From:   Linda P Newman <[log in to unmask]>
To:     <[log in to unmask]>, <[log in to unmask]>

Folks,    we are very pleased to  announce the addition of 2 significant
works  to our  Historic Nevada geologic and mining maps collection on
line:

 http://www.delamare.unr.edu/Maps/digitalcollections/nvmaps/histgeo.html

*/Geological  History of Lake Lahontan/*/,  a Quaternary lake of
northwestern Nevada/.  1885, Israel  Cook Russell.  USGS Monograph XI .

The famous plate from this volume has been on our site for some time;
we now  offer the full volume .

Also  added  just yesterday  to the same site [link above] is the
complete *Atlas* accompanying the /US Geological Exploration Survey of
the Fortieth  Parallel,/ 1876.  Clarence King.

And

Plate  XIV  *Geological map of the Steamboat Springs District*.    /In
/Atlas to accompany a monograph on the geology of the Quicksilver
deposits of the Pacific slope.  George F. Becker.  US Geological Survey
Monograph XIII, Washington, 1887.

Linda Newman,  Geoscience & Map Librarian

Glee Willis,  Digital Projects

Vicki  Toy-Smith, Metadata Librarian

Araby Greene,  Library Web Master