From:
Karl Benedict <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 15 Feb 2017 22:40:19 -0700
The Earth Data Analysis Center here at the University of New Mexico has contracted with a number of companies that provide aerial photography services, including helping to coordinate an effort to collect a full set of aerial imagery over the entire state of New Mexico (multiple times).

I’ve CC’d Shirley Baros - the EDAC Director, Laura Gleasner - EDAC’s clearinghouse manager, and Mike Inglis - EDAC’s former Associate Director on this so that they can hopefully chime in with the vendors that they are familiar with in this arena.

Karl

On 15 Feb 2017, at 15:26, Anne E Zald wrote:

> I just had a conversation today with a company called Near Map (http://go.nearmap.com/) which provides hi-resolution aerial imagery of population centers in the US (and Australia and New Zealand).  Near Map provides imagery that is 2.8 inches/pixel.
>
> To put this product in context I would like to learn of vendors from which you are licensing access to current or historical hi-resolution aerial imagery.  A google search brings up several companies working in this area (Sanborn; Precision Aerial; Apollo Mapping; ElecData; Eagle View/Pictometry, etc.) but I'm curious if any have established licensing arrangements with academic institutions.  Several sell by the image or can be contracted to collect aerial imagery.  Are there companies which license access to their digital imagery archive and allow integration into GIS for analysis, and/or image download?
>
> And of course, coverage outside the U.S. would also be of interest.
>
> I am NOT interested in satellite imagery at this time. Please do not refer me to USGS NAPP, NAIP, HROs or DOQs.  I have found that information on my own, but I thank you for the thought.
>
> If you prefer to respond to me off-list, I can compile the responses for the list.
>
> Thank you very much!!
>
> Anne
>
> Anne Zald
> Research & Learning Services
> Subjects: Government Information, Business,Geospatial Services, Social Sciences Data
> Northwestern University Libraries
> 1970 Campus Drive
> Evanston, IL 60208
> (847) 467-6441

Thanks,

Karl

(505) 277-5256
Director, Research Data Services
Associate Professor
College of University Libraries and Learning Sciences
University of New Mexico

**Make and Appointment**: http://libcal.unm.edu/appointment/19294

GPG Public Key: http://karlbenedict.com/publicKey.gpg