From:
Date:
Mon, 9 Feb 2004 15:49:54 -0500
Subject: RE: Aerial Photography Storage Cases]]
Date: Mon, 9 Feb 2004 13:25:10 -0700
From: Jones, David      (Library) <[log in to unmask]>

------------------
Hi Folks

We have a large collection (over 750,000) of air photos which we keep in
boxes on standard library shelving.  These are in a variety of 4-5" wide
transfer or document boxes.

We have just designed a new box, somewhat like a Hollinger box, but designed
to 11.5"x11.5"x5.0" dimensions to better hold the 10x10 photos, and the
width adjusted to allow 7 boxes to fit on a shelf.   These come flat and are
folded on site which eliminated the storage problems of the pre-made boxes.

David

David L. Jones, Map Librarian
William C. Wonders Map Collection
Science & Technology Library
1-26 Cameron Library
University of Alberta
Edmonton, Alberta, Canada T6G 2J8
voice  (780)492-3433     fax   (780)492-2721
e-mail   [log in to unmask]