From:
"March, Greg" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 5 Dec 2018 18:05:53 +0000
Hi Chris,

We allow people to check out USGS 7.5-minute topographic maps and the Trails Illustrated maps for hiking and camping.  Like Jeff said, it’s nice to see that the maps get used – especially in this day and age when more people are using electronic maps.  I encourage the use of a paper map and compass since GPS isn’t always reliable.  It’s good to have a backup ☺.

-Greg

Gregory H. March

Map & Government Information Librarian

Associate Professor

University of Tennessee

Hodges Library

Knoxville, TN 37996

865-974-3878

Research Guides – Anthropology<http://libguides.utk.edu/anthropology>, Earth & Planetary Sciences<http://libguides.utk.edu/subject/eps>, Geography<http://libguides.utk.edu/geography>, Maps<http://libguides.utk.edu/map>, Government<http://libguides.utk.edu/sb.php?subject_id=39793>

Tennessee Committee on Geographic Names<http://libguides.utk.edu/TNCOGN>