From:
John Kawula <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 24 Apr 2017 11:17:46 -0700
Printed or online? My guess for either one would be some derivation of
the extensive work done by the International Union for the
Conservation of Nature.

Their Category II is "National Park: protected area managed mainly for
ecosystem protection and recreation"

The IUCN website is very helpful see especially their World Database
on Protected Areas and protectedplanet.net which is the public online
platform for the WDPA.I did not check to see if it is possible to
limit to Category II. Even if limitation isn't possible this should
help. website also mentions the IUCN maintains libraries and has a
Washington DC office.

A very useful book (I bought a personal copy several years back): The
World's Protected Areas: Status values and prospects in the 21st
century / edited by Stuart Chape et al.

This has regional maps but probably not enough detail to be of much
value in this case. However the text is very informative and the
primary reason I bought the book.

One precautionary note however: when I was doing investigation into
international wilderness areas (IUCN category Ib) I noticed there were
lots of mistakes in their categorization - but my guess is that
national parks usually have more prominent legal status so I would
expect fewer mistakes for category II.

John Kawula
former (now retired) Government Documents & Maps Librarian
University of Alaska Fairbanks