From:
Date:
Wed, 17 Nov 2004 15:46:08 -0500
Subject: RE: National Geographic Map Supplements]
Date: Wed, 17 Nov 2004 12:09:13 -0800
From: Diaz, Carlos <[log in to unmask]>
To: Maps and Air Photo Systems Forum <[log in to unmask]>

------------------

Here at Evergreen, the maps are sent to our Maps Collection.  They are
given their own
monographic bib. records and are shelved in a filing cabinet by LC call
number.
Take a look at our records in our online catalog.  Just do an author
search for
National Geographic.

TESC Library Catalog
http://www.evergreen.edu/library/catalog/librarycatalog.htm

There will always be some sort of amount of theft with any title in a
library...not only
theft but also damage due to normal usage.

One of my former student workers donated to our library collection, the
National Geographic maps on
CD-ROM which has from the very beginning to 2000 or 2001 I think.  We've
used it a couple of times
to help us find some information for a patorn.  Serves as a good backup.

Carlos A. Diaz
Government Documents/Maps
The Evergreen State College
Olympia, Washington