From:
"L. A. Nadybal" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 17 Aug 1996 17:45:12 EDT
Two large Japanese companies make very thick, stiff plastic pockets in many
sizes to A3 which I have used to store rare sheets of stamps that have
curling gum which, over time, would break the perforations and split the
paper.  Any office of JETRO (Japan External Trade Organization) in the US
can provide you sources.

You can also use the Ka-Be company thick and semi-stiff "Briefhuellen"
which stamp dealers use to store philatelically valuable envelopes and for
displaying them at stamp shows where people thumb through boxes of
envelopes.  These only come in sizes to about 6x8", but can be had a lot
less expensively in quantities than the extreme heavy duty Japanese pockets.

Both products are inert and suitable for long term archival storage.
Ka Be.  I can offer you and quote prices for the Ka Be products, but
shipment is from Germany on special order basis, and it's only worthwhile
for standard packing units (cartons of 10 packs of 50 or 100, depending upon
size.  There are thinner such pockets available made in the USA, but not
nearly as stiff or clear as the KaBe version.

Regards
Len Nadybal

>Can anyone give me advice on how to store aerial photos so they won't curl. TIA

>Ken Watson                                         Public Services Librarian
>Eastern Oregon State College                       La Grande, Or.  97850
>Phone:  541.962.3546                               Fax:  541.962.3335
>e-mail: [log in to unmask]
>                              "too much is the same as too little" M. Miyamoto

L. [log in to unmask]