From:
Joan Winearls <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 14 Apr 1993 12:19:35 EDT
  Re historic wall map preservation - I am very interested in seeing
sheets separated into the original printed format as it will provide
information on aspects of the printing. This can be of great value to
bibliographers. Also it makes the sheets easier to reproduce by photography
etc. than if the map is still in large wall map form. I guess for display
we still want some in wall map form but I think research needs come
ahead of this.     Joan Winearls U of Toronto Map Library