From:
Jeff Essic <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 29 Jul 2019 16:03:44 -0400
Hi Kathy,

I recently figured out how to extract all the data from USGS's APSRS CD
(circa 1995, documented here
<https://babel.hathitrust.org/cgi/pt?id=uc1.l0083959528;view=1up;seq=5>).
Unfortunately, after doing so, I was discouraged by the number of errors in
the data with typos, transposed coordinate values, and mis-labeling.  The
records that are coded with the wrong state are the most problematic, since
that is how I selected and exported the data.  As a result, I basically put
this project back on the shelf for another day.

Nonetheless, you may download from here the Oregon
<https://drive.google.com/file/d/1lpSau6ssXAoLlZC4kUV79sEObouBZ4Vv/view?usp=sharing>
and Washington
<https://drive.google.com/file/d/1agq8yS9qFL7I0z9wLAjMgJs_c8Mjamc9/view?usp=sharing>
data
which might help you, and I would appreciate your thoughts.

If anyone has interest in other states, please let me know, and I'll give
thought to how we could perhaps have a communal data cleaning effort.

Best Regards,
Jeff Essic

Jeff Essic
Data & Visualization Librarian
North Carolina State University
D.H. Hill Library, Data & Visualization Services
Box 7111, Raleigh, NC  27695-7111
(919) 515-5698
http://www.lib.ncsu.edu/gis