From:
Johnnie Sutherland <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Wed, 15 Jul 1998 11:47:31 -0400
--- Begin Forwarded Message ---
Date: Tue, 14 Jul 1998 19:51:43 -0400
From: ahudson <[log in to unmask]>
Subject: Re: Map or Aerial Photo of Russian Village during WWII Era <
Sender: ahudson <[log in to unmask]>
To: Johnnie Sutherland <[log in to unmask]>

According to the front matter in Where Once We Walked, there is a book which
presents the histories of towns in the Maramarosh region of Romania/Ukraine by
S. Y. Gross and Y. Yosef Cohen, Sefer Marmarosh. Tel Aviv: Beit Marmarosh, 1983.
Check oclc for a copy on ill. Also Yizkor/Memory books, filled with pictures,
exist for many, many villages in Eastern Europe. Check with a Jewish
history/culture library in Texas for more information on these. Perhaps the
Museum of Texas Cultures library? Good luck, Alice Hudson [log in to unmask]