From:
"Williams, Paula" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 15 Feb 2023 17:29:30 +0000
The Map Curators’ Group (MCG) of the British Cartographic Society will hold its Annual Workshop in person at the British Antarctic Survey, Cambridge on Wednesday 20th September 2023.

The Map Curators’ Group is for anyone interested in using and sharing maps, bound together by a shared interest in curating, maintaining, and sharing our map collections. Our annual workshops offer the opportunity to share expertise and learn from each other. This workshop is part of the British Cartographic Society’s 60th anniversary conference.

The MCG workshop theme will be: Exploring Maps.

We are calling for proposals for presentations to be given at the Workshop, on the following themes:

  *   Maps for expedition planning

  *   Maps depicting exploration

  *   Decolonising our map collections

  *   Placenames and subject headings

  *   Exploring new ways of using or presenting maps

  *   Any other subject on the theme of Exploring Maps

Speakers will receive free registration to the Workshop.

Generally, presentations should last 25 minutes.

We will ask for a short summary to be shared in our newsletter Cartographiti.

Please contact the MCG Convener Paula Williams with your proposal for consideration by 24th March 2023.

National Library of Scotland, Scottish Charity, No: SCO11086

Our reading rooms, exhibitions, café and shop are open. Visit our website to join the Library or pre-order material.

This communication is intended for the addressee(s) only. If you are not the addressee please inform the sender and delete the email from your system. The statements and opinions expressed in this message are those of the author and do not necessarily reflect those of National Library of Scotland. This message is subject to the Freedom of Information (Scotland) Act 2002 and data protection legislation. Personal data sent to the Library by email will be processed in accordance with the Library’s privacy information available at www.nls.uk/privacy. No liability is accepted for any harm that may be caused to your systems or data by this message.
If this communication relates to a request for information from the Library under the Freedom of Information (Scotland) Act 2002 (FOISA) and you are dissatisfied with our response, you may ask the Library to conduct a review of our decision(s) regarding the supply of information. To begin a review please contact us in writing or other recorded form and describe the original request, explain your dissatisfaction, and provide an address for correspondence. You have 40 working days from receipt of our response to your request to submit a request for review. We will respond within 20 working days of receipt of your request. If you are still dissatisfied after a review you may ask the Scottish Information Commissioner to intervene. You may launch an appeal with the Commissioner online at: www.itspublicknowledge.info/Appeal. For more information about FOISA please visit: www.itspublicknowledge.info.

Before you print please think about the ENVIRONMENT