From:
Chrissy M Klenke <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 9 Apr 2019 21:28:50 +0000
Hello Map friends,

I received a reference question from a Faculty member in the Art/Photography Department to help find the information on this map. (see Attached)  As you can see there is no reference information besides the title "The Tahoe Region of the High Sierra, from the U.S. Geological Survey."

Apparently, the map was printed in a publication produced by the Southern Pacific Railroad sometime around 1906.  They don't know this for certain but was the only information they could provide.

I have searched all kinds of resources via the library and online for Southern Pacific RailRoad publications, USGS resources, Library of Congress, Special Collections, etc. with no luck.

I am hoping that maybe one of you can help me find this map and the publication.

Thanks for the assistance.

Cheers,

Chrissy

[DeLaMare Science & Engineering Library]
Chrissy Klenke

Earth Sciences, GIS, and Map Librarian
DeLaMare Science & Engineering Library
University Libraries | University of Nevada, Reno

phone: 775.682.7371<tel:775.682.7371>
address: 1664 N. Virginia St. | MS 0262 | Reno, NV 89557

Schedule an Appointment<https://unr.libcal.com/appointment/2263>