From:
Angie Cope <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 15 Dec 2010 16:14:17 -0600
Subject: duplicate material from Nat Lib Australia.
Date: Wed, 15 Dec 2010 22:07:50 +0000
From: Brendan Whyte <[log in to unmask]>
To: mapsL <[log in to unmask]>

The NLA (still) has the following maps to offer to good homes:
Email me your requests off list.

WORLD
*******
Global Navigation and Planning Charts (GNC) 1:5,000,000
- latest editions, new unstamped/unmarked copies.
- for sheet index see
http://www.nla.gov.au/apps/cdview?pi=nla.map-vn4695524-s1-v
sheets available:
2
3
4
6
9
10
11
16 to 19

Jet Navigation charts (JNC) 1:2,000,000
- latest editions, new unstamped/unmarked copies.
- for sheet index see
http://www.nla.gov.au/apps/cdview?pi=nla.map-vn1139176-s1-v
sheets available:
6-10
16-23 (inc. 19 and 19S) (Canada!)
27, 27A, 28
31-31
39
41-51
58
60-62
64-68
70-113
117-118

Operational Navigation charts (ONC)
- latest editions, new unstamped/unmarked copies.
- for sheet index see
http://www.nla.gov.au/apps/cdview?pi=nla.map-vn236735-s1-v
- A large pile of sheets, too many to list.
- Let me know which ones you want and I'll see if we've got them.
- we **also** have some ex-library older editions:
SHEET EDITION
F4 1
F4 3
F10 3
H8 3
H9 2
H11 1
H12 4
H13 3
J8 3
J9 2
J10 5
J11 2
K8 2
K9 3
K10 5
L9 1
L10 4
M10 2
M11 3
M12 2
M14 3
N12 2
N13 1 (2 COPIES)
N16 1
P13 1
P14 1
Q12 1
Q13 1
Q14 1

Tactical Pilotage charts (TPC)
http://www.nla.gov.au/apps/cdview?pi=nla.map-vn2370309-s1-v
- A large pile of sheets, too many to list.
- Let me know which ones you want and I'll see if we've got them.
- we **also** have some ex-library older editions:
SHEET EDITION
G4C 4
H6B 3,5
H6C 3,4,5
H6D 1
J6A 1
J6C 1

World Aeronautical Chart (1:1,000,000) old series, dated 1940s-60s (sheets
numbered 1 to 1851)
- for sheet index see
http://www.nla.gov.au/apps/cdview?pi=nla.map-vn873333-s1-v
- A large pile of sheets, too many to list.
- Let me know which ones you want and I'll see if we've got them.

The World Atlas-2nd ed. Index of Geographical Names Moscow 1968. [hardback
gazetteer/index for English edition of Atlas Mira] 2 copies.

AUSTRALIA
**********
Australia 1:506,880 (8 mile strategic series) 1941-44.
The first topo mapping of remote Australia, precipitated by WW2
Most sheets available. Let me know if you want specific ones.
see index at; http://www.nla.gov.au/apps/cdview?pi=nla.map-vn1657707-s1-v

The Australian map grid : technical manual / National Mapping Council of
Australia. 2nd ed. Canberra : Australian Government Publishing Service,
1972.
viii, 78 p. : maps, tables ; 31 cm. ISBN 0642000573 : Series Special
publication
(National Mapping Council of Australia) ; 7.

Australia 1:250,000 map series: gazetteer / prepared by Division of National
Mapping, Dept of Minerals & Energy Canberra : Australian Government
Publishing
Service, 1975. xi,1017p. ; 22x31cm. ISBN 0642005486

D'Entrecasteaux waterways: a guide to the waterways of the D'Entrecasteaux
Channel and its tributaries, Ed.2 2000. Scale 1:25,000 [Hobart] : Dept. of
Primary Industries, Water & Environment, 2000. 1 atlas (80pp.): 25 col.
maps; 30
cm.
ESMAP : outer Melbourne directory / Survey & Mapping Victoria [and]
Country Fire
Authority 1st ed. [Kangaroo Flat, Vic. : Country Fire Authority Mapping
Association Inc., 1991] 217 p. : maps ; 30 cm.

PAPUA NEW GUINEA
*****************
Papua New Guinea 1:63,360 1942-45
A number of sheets of the Australian-produced WW2 series covering the SE
of PNG.
(the northern coast was covered by half-sized US produced sheets).
Again, ask me about specific sheets
coverage includes the pink areas on the index at
http://www.nla.gov.au/apps/cdview?pi=nla.map-vn2998521-s1-v

Papua New Guinea 1:250,000 Joint Operations Graphics (JOG)
The standard current 250k coverage of PNG, but increasingly difficult to
obtain.
All but 15 sheets are available in multiple copies.
An index showing available duplicates can be emailed on request.

Papua New Guinea 1:100,000
Standard current 100k coverage (but increasingly difficult to obtain) of
about
half of the country (mainly the SE)
An index showing available duplicates can be emailed on request.

LAND RESEARCH SERIES (CSIRO, 1960s-1970s).
all are complete with report book and loose folded sheet maps except as
noted.
-10. General Report on Lands of the Buna-Kokoda Area, Territory of Papua
and New
Guinea. -- [2 copies with 1 map each]
-12. General Report on Lands of the Wanigela-Cape Vogel Area, Territory
of Papua
and New Guinea. -- [2 copies with 2 maps each]
-14. Lands of the Port Moresby -Kairuku Area, Territory of Papua and New
Guinea.
-- [2 copies with 1 map each]
-23. Lands of the Kerema-Vailala Area, Territory of Papua and New
Guinea. -- [2
copies with 3 maps each]
-29. Land resources of the Morehead-Kiunga area, Territory of Papua and New
Guinea, 1971. 124p. [1 copy, xeroxed, spiralbound, with 2 colour maps in
rear
pocket.]
-31. Land Resources of the Vanimo Area, Papua New Guinea. -- [2 copies
with 2
maps each]
-32. Land-form Types and Vegetation of Eastern Papua. -- [1 copy with 3
maps]
-35. Explanatory Notes to the Vegetation Map of Papua New Guinea. -- [1 copy
with 1:1M map in [4] sheets but missing SW sheet and has b/w xerox of NW
sheet.]
-36. Explanatory notes to the Land Limitation and Agricultural Land Use
Potential Map of Papua New Guinea. -- [2 complete copies, both with 1:1M
map in
4 sheets]

Natural Resources Series (CSIRO):
-5. Land units of Chimbu Province, Papua New Guinea / by R.M. Scott,
P.A. Healy
and G.S. Humphreys [Canberra] : Institute of Biological Resources,
CSIRO, 1985.
162 p. : ill., maps; 30 cm. + 2 col. folded maps. in pocket. [1 copy]
-6 Papua New Guinea inventory of natural resources, population
distribution and
land use : handbook / compiled and edited by J.A. Be.llamy [Melbourne] :
Institute of Biological Resources, Commonwealth Scientific and Industrial
Research Organization Australia, 1987. 149 p. : ill., maps ; 30 cm. [1 copy]
-10. Explanatory notes to the soils map of Papua New Guinea / by P. Bleeker.
Canberra: CSIRO Division of Water Resources, 1989. 58 p. , 30 cm.
Includes 1:1M
map in 4 sheets. [1 copy]

PNGRIS REPORTS:
-7. Natural resources, land use and population distribution of Papua New
Guinea:
summary statistics from PNGRIS / compiled by J. McAlpine and J. Quigley
[1 copy]

PNGRIS Publications:
-1. Agricultural land use of Papua New Guinea: explanatory notes to map
/­ J.C.
Saunders. Canberra : AIDAB, 1993. Includes 1:1M map in 4 sheets. [3 copies]
-2. Forest resources of Papua New Guinea: explanatory notes to map /­ J.C.
Saunders. Canberra : AIDAB, 1993. Includes 1:1M map in 4 sheets. [2 copies]

other:
The Resources of the Territory of Papua and New Guinea / Canberra : Dept. of
National Development, Division of Regional Development, 1951. 2v.: ill.,
maps ;
25 cm. [volume 1 only. hardback.]

SOLOMON ISLANDS
****************
Land resource study no. 18: Land resources of the Solomon Islands / J.R.F.
Hansell and J.R.D. Wall. Surbiton, UK: Land Resources Division, Ministry of
Overseas Development, 1974-1976. 8v.: ill., maps; 30 cm.
- v.2. Guadalcanal and the Florida Islands. [2 copies both complete
(maps and
book)]
- v.3. Malaita and Ulawa. [map 1-2, and 2 copies of map 3c only]
- v.8. Outer Islands. [2 copies: 1) book and map set complete, 2)
complete maps
set, no book]

MOON
*****
Lunar Chart (LAC) 1:1,000,000 (dated 1962-64)
see index at http://www.nla.gov.au/apps/cdview?pi=nla.map-vn4767540-s1-v
sheets available:
39 (3 copies)
40 (3 copies)