From:
Angela R Cope <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 12 Mar 2018 11:52:02 +0000

https://m.gazette.com/colorado-springs-map-provider-closing-after-40-years/article/1622267

[https://cdn.csgazette.biz/cache/r620-b93e1ed2cbbc44e65e0f5d4a3b957a8c.jpg]<https://m.gazette.com/colorado-springs-map-provider-closing-after-40-years/article/1622267>

Colorado Springs map provider closing after 40 years<https://m.gazette.com/colorado-springs-map-provider-closing-after-40-years/article/1622267>
m.gazette.com
MacVan Map Co., which has been producing maps of the Pikes Peak region for 40 years, will close March 31, a victim of the technological advances in cars, smartphones and other devices that help keep people from getting lost. MacVan General Manager Bob Stanley, one of two remaining employees of a company that once employed nearly 20 people, said this week he and owner Ken Field agonized for four months, trying to find way to keep the company alive.

He's producing one final copy of  "The Book" ("its annual spiral-bound collection of detailed maps of the Colorado Springs area that has been a staple for real estate agents, delivery drivers, police and firefighters and even journalists") -  we better all order one while we can. The link is: https://www.macvanmaps.com/
MacVan Map Company<https://www.macvanmaps.com/>
www.macvanmaps.com
MacVan Map Company for all maps, guides, atlases and globes retail store or online. MacVan cartographic and custom mapping services, map distribution services or ...

Posted by:

Angie Cope
AGS Library, UW Milwaukee Libraries
2311 E. Hartford Avenue
Milwaukee, Wisconsin 53211

<http://www.uwm.edu/libraries>http://uwm.edu/libraries/agsl/
M-F 8:00am-4:30pm  [log in to unmask]  (414)229-6282
43°03'8"N 87°57'21"W
[1505846149570_image001.png]