From:
Sue Haffner <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 23 May 1996 09:28:23 EDT
I put out a request a week, or so, ago asking about
mission statements that other map collections might
have had to compose. Didn't get much response. Is
that because people have not been asked to formlulate
such statements?
You see them everywhere now--mission statements: in
banks, stores, fast-food joints, even. They are
generally very succinct. Here is my preliminary draft:

CALIFORNIA STATE UNIVERSITY, FRESNO
          MAP LIBRARY

The mission of the Map Library is to acquire and
organize cartographic materials in all formats which
support the University curriculum, and to make them
available to students, faculty, staff, and the
general public.

Any comments, critiques, horse-laughs?

Sue Haffner