From:
Reinder Storm <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 11 Mar 2023 08:07:16 +0000
Dear colleagues,

Please allow me to draw your attention to Maps Unfolded: an exhibition of maps and atlases at the Allard Pierson, where we take care of the heritage collections of the University of Amsterdam. The exhibition takes the visitor through seven centuries of maps and atlases, dating from 15th-century drawings to the maps of the future. The exhibition starts in Amsterdam with a unique big city plan from 1625 full of small details, and zooms out, via the Netherlands and Europe, to encompass the whole world. Special attention is given to maps of the former Dutch East Indies, Suriname and the Antilles.

Cf Maps Unfolded - Allard Pierson<https://allardpierson.nl/en/visit/open-kaart/>

Hope to see you in Amsterdam, kind regards,
Reinder

Reinder Storm - Conservator Kartografie, Geografie en Reizen * Allard Pierson | De Collecties van de Universiteit van Amsterdam * 020-5252354 / 06-54940878 - blog: https://allardpierson.nl/author/reinder-storm/ * https://www.instagram.com/nothing_but_maps/

--> Tot en met 16 juli 2023: tentoonstelling 'Open kaart' bij het Allard Pierson. Zie Open kaart - Allard Pierson<https://allardpierson.nl/bezoek/tentoonstellingen/open-kaart/>

[cid:image001.png@01D953F8.72DED020]