From:
Bob Karrow <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 20 Aug 1994 17:47:44 EDT
Does anyone know of a source for blank Robinson projections of the world?
What I need are multiple copies (15-20) at a fairly large scale (say
1 1/2 x 2 feet).  The USC&GS used to publish (probably still does) large
projection grids for some of the principal projections, but when we got
our set, the Robinson was not available in that series.  I'm also looking
for sets of geographic coordinates for Europe and its regions.  I know
there have been any number of lists generated for states, counties, cites,
etc in the USA, but I want to be able to look up "France," "Denmark," and
especially historical entities or regions like "Savoy," "Transylvania,"
"Istria," etc. and get the coordinates.  I know about Millenium, the
electronic historical atlas, but while that will give me the outlines,
so will any historical atlas.  I really want the coordinates.  The historic
regions would be great, but I'm also interested in things that still are
useful regional designations, like "Brittany."  Thanks for any help you
can give.

Bob Karrow, The Newberry Library, 60 W. Walton, Chicago, Ill. 60610 USA
(312) 943-9090 ext253  e-mail: [log in to unmask]