From:
Francis Herbet <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 1 Feb 2015 19:45:00 -0000
Forwarded this MAPS-L 'First ever orthophotomaps?' enquiry only a few
minutes ago; this prompt response came from your side of The Pond - if a
little further north than usual:). Which response reminded me of various
recent WWI (and Defence Service Association?) conferences I've attended,
where I seem to recall that the technique was seriously initiated at that
time.

Francis Herbert [not 'Herbet']