From:
Johnnie Sutherland <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Thu, 6 Sep 2001 15:20:00 -0400
--- Begin Forwarded Message ---
Date: Tue, 4 Sep 2001 21:58:10 -0400
From: "Kay E. Ehrlich" <[log in to unmask]>
Subject: Trying to Replace Missing Maps
Sender: "Kay E. Ehrlich" <[log in to unmask]>

During the summer vacation all of my personal maps were removed from my
office.  I have been able to replace some of them, but the two most
important maps are proving very difficult.  The first one is the USGS
Mayersville, Miss./La. Topographic Quadrangle, 15 min. series (1:62,500).
This map is not only very useful in class, but also meant a great deal to
me.  It had been framed, under glass in my office. It was removed from the
frame to use in class, and subsequently disappeared with the others.  This
15 min. series map showed the settlement patterns and property lines and
has been out of print for many years.  The second map was published by the
DMA.  It is H.O.6705, Great Circle Distances and Azimuths from Washington,
D.C.; Azimuthal Equidistant (1:54,000,000).  I had only one copy of each of
these maps and would greatly appreciate any help out there to replace them.
In addition, if anyone knows where I could find a few copies of the Point
Reyes Topographic Quadrangle, 15 min. series, please let me know.

I am quite willing to buy these maps and, of course, to pay postage, etc.

Kay Ehrlich, Dept. of Chemistry and Physics (and Geography and Geology)
University of N.C. Pembroke
--- End Forwarded Message ---