From:
Michael Holt <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 1 Jul 2016 12:23:59 -0400
On 7/1/2016 9:57 AM, Wagner, Leslie A wrote:

> I must add to this thread that I showed the online downloadable files
> to my husband (a former Boy Scout). His response: “What good is
> that? You have to print out 300 plus pages to read it.” Okay. He’s
> very old school. He retires (again) at the end of July. I, too, like
> the hard copy form – it’s so much easier (for us old fogies) to
> flip through and quickly explore the paper version.

I feel the same way about reading on the computer.  A PDF permits us to
search for specific words and print out individual pages. However, that
wonderful old-book scent is lost.

> I’m also going to show these books to our FabLab director who is
> both an artist and a tech wizard. He’s been very keen on having
> how-to instructional materials on the old ways…

We may have a chance to bring back something that should have been here
always.  If there's anything I can say or do to assist the process, I
will do it.

> Thank you, Michael, for bringing these items to our attention!

You are very welcome.  It's been my pleasure.

Michael Holt

---