From:
Angie Cope <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 2 Aug 2010 09:41:36 -0500
Subject:        RE: call-number labels for maps
Date:   Fri, 30 Jul 2010 16:13:20 -0600
From:   Christopher Thiry <[log in to unmask]>
To:     [log in to unmask] <[log in to unmask]>

Chris,

We use acid-free labels--sheets that can be put in printers.  We then put a cover on the clear label and apply heat.  This does a good job.  We are a working library and all of our maps get checked out, so keeping labels attached to maps is important.

Christopher J.J. Thiry
Map Librarian
Colorado School of Mines
1400 Illinois