From:
Date:
Fri, 12 Aug 2011 12:59:15 -0500
Subject:        Re: Difference between a Bird's-eye View and a Pictorial
Relief Map
Date:   Fri, 12 Aug 2011 13:58:21 -0400
From:   Joel Kovarsky <[log in to unmask]>
To:     Maps, Air Photo, GIS Forum - Map Librarianship

Sorry for this second message, but what I was discussing was discussing
does not always clearly fit the cataloging rules, which can separate out
relief shown pictorially (i.e. simple line drawings of mountains), or by
shading, contour lines, bathymetric units, hachures, etc. The history of
depictions of topographical variation is understandably more expansive
that what is discussed in cataloging manuals. Hence the classification
of an aerial view might be subject to interpretation depending on the
intent of the individual map.

Joel Kovarsky