From:
Date:
Fri, 12 Aug 2011 13:35:33 -0500
Subject: RE: Difference between a Bird's-eye View and a Pictorial Relief
              Map
Date: Fri, 12 Aug 2011 14:06:19 -0400
From: Redmond, Edward James <[log in to unmask]>
To: 'Maps, Air Photo, GIS Forum - Map Librarianship'

I have no feeling one way or the other but this is how one particular
2010 map of the "Mammoth Mountain Ski Area" is cataloged.  The record
includes both "bird's eye view" and "aerial view":

Mammoth trail map, 09/10.

LC control no.:         2010594312
LCCN permalink: http://lccn.loc.gov/2010594312
Type of material:       Cartographic Material
Corporate name:         Mammoth Mountain Ski Area.
Main title:     Mammoth trail map, 09/10.
Published/Created:      [Mammoth Lakes, Calif. : Mammoth Mountain Ski Area,
2010]
Scale info:     Not drawn to scale.
Notes:          Birds-eye view.
        Shows ski touring trails, Mammoth Mountain region, California.
        Title from panel.
        Includes text, inset of Mammoth backside, and col. ill.
        Text, "Dining & apreÌs ski activities map," tourist accommodations and
services, shuttle-bus routes, and advertisement on verso.
Subjects:       Skis and skiing --California --Mammoth Mountain Region --Maps.
        Ski runs --California --Mammoth Mountain Region --Maps.
        Mammoth Mountain Region (Calif.) --Aerial views.
LC classification:      G4362.M312E63 2010 .M3
Geographic class no.:   4362 M312

CALL NUMBER:    G4362.M312E63 2010 .M3

Ed Redmond, LC G&M