From:
Johnnie Sutherland <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Mary Larsgaard <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 7 Jun 2000 16:35:06 -0400
--- Begin Forwarded Message ---
Date: Wed, 07 Jun 2000 13:22:30 -0700
From: Mary Larsgaard <[log in to unmask]>
Subject: Re: National Geographic Maps filed together <fwd>
Sender: Mary Larsgaard <[log in to unmask]>

well, not all of them.
We do have as separate groups:
a. plates from atlas (that 1960s or thereabouts set of maps)
b. Making of America
c. Making of Canada.

but cataloging is in some ways a jesuitical
trade, and certainly one could make a record
for, e.g., all the NGS maps that accompany
the periodical.  (I'd sure stay away from cataloging
ALL the maps that NGS has ever issued - whether
in periodical or sep - as one series).

What will access to each individual map be?
gigantic 505s?

Mary

At 03:35 PM 6/7/00 -0400, Johnnie Sutherland wrote:
> [...]

______________________________________

Mary Lynette Larsgaard
Assistant Head, Map and Imagery Laboratory
Davidson Library
University of California, Santa Barbara
Santa Barbara CA 93106
telephone: 805/893-4049