From:
Johnnie Sutherland <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Fred Schaff <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 31 Jul 1999 16:38:38 -0400
--- Begin Forwarded Message ---
Date: Fri, 30 Jul 1999 21:07:45 -0400
From: Fred Schaff <[log in to unmask]>
Subject: DeLorme's "TOPO-USA"
Sender: Fred Schaff <[log in to unmask]>

        I've always been an amateur lover of maps and have "topo" maps of many
areas, some dating back to the 30's and 40's. However, they've beenfew
compared to the total number covering the entire USA.

        Now, the DeLorme TOPO-USA, version 2.0 has the entire 50-states on 6
CD-ROMs, (or one DVD-CD-ROM), for less than $100. I could hardly wait to
get one and have been enjoying it immensely and am still learning what it
can and can't do. However, overall, I'm very pleased.

        It has already provided me with information relative to my theory that,
one day, the Salton Sea in California will join with the Gulf of California
and fill the basin of the Imperial Valley all the way up to Indio at I-10.

        Question to the professionals on MAPS-L?? Has TOPO-USA been compared to
the much more expensive but comprehensive GIS's available to those who can
afford them for business purposes?  And, if so, are there any major errors
or faults that have been found or is it very good value for the 20-foot
contours which it contains??

Fred Schaff, Spring Grove, PA, USA <[log in to unmask]>
        LAWS OF DISCUSSION
1: In total agreement, there is no net communication possible.
2: In total disagreement, there is no net communication possible.
        JOHN W. CAMPBELL
--- End Forwarded Message ---