From:
Craig Haggit <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 11 Oct 2022 08:56:08 -0600
Hi Michael,
When they say 'linear feet' I get the impression they're after storage
capacity. Could it be translated to 'map collection footprint'. As in,
square footage? Seems like it'd be fruitful to have a conversation, while
meeting in person, physically, in the map collection, regarding what
statistic could actually help them.

Usually when people ask size/extent it's the number of sheets. Or if you
want to give an example of how meaningless the number could be, estimate
the average sheet size, then take the number of sheets, and multiply by the
average perimeter.

Good luck with all that!
Craig

Craig Haggit
Map and Geospatial Librarian, Special Collections and Digital Archives
Denver Public Library
10 West 14th Ave. Parkway
Denver, CO  80204
720-865-1813