From:
Angie Cope <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 3 Jun 2010 11:14:42 -0500
Subject:        Re: Cataloging of digitized maps
Date:   Thu, 03 Jun 2010 12:09:26 -0400
From:   Paige Andrew <[log in to unmask]>
To:     [log in to unmask] <[log in to unmask]>

Hi Brian,

I'm a bit surprised nobody else has spoken up about this, but that's
probably because things are so crazy right now leading up to ALA Annual
Conference at the end of the month (and Susan Moore, Mary Larsgaard, and
I are facing immediate deadlines for final organizing of our
Preconference workshop so we all are really tied up). I only have time
to take a stab at this, but I would work on cataloging the digitized
version of each of these and add information about the original paper
version using a 530 "Additional Physical Form Available" note. Its
easier to do it the other way around (use the record for the paper copy
and add a URL linking to its digital version) but in the longrun for
possible re-purposing of the MARC record into metadata this will help
you and others.

Paige