From:
"Williams, Paula" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 26 Oct 2016 14:23:44 +0000
Dear all,

I thought you might be interested in this very short film, made for us by Trina Mckendrick, charting the painstaking conservation of a large wall map, discovered in a chimney in a building in the North-East of Scotland. A version was shown at the Map Curators' Group of the British Cartographic Society's annual workshop, held here in Edinburgh.
One of our conservators, Claire Thomson undertook this amazing task. She assures me that progress was not always as smooth as the film suggests!

The Chimney Map:
https://youtu.be/g6Bn3xBGfWY

kind regards

Paula

Paula Williams
Curator | Maps, Mountaineering & Polar Collections

National Library of Scotland
159 Causewayside, Edinburgh EH9 1PH

Tel: +44 (0) 131 623 4671
Email: [log in to unmask]
Website: www.nls.uk
Twitter: @natlibscot
Facebook:  /NationalLibraryofScotland

National Library of Scotland, Scottish Charity, No: SCO11086

This communication is intended for the addressee(s) only. If you are not the addressee please inform the sender and delete the email from your system. The statements and opinions expressed in this message are those of the author and do not necessarily reflect those of National Library of Scotland. This message is subject to the Data Protection Act 1998 and Freedom of Information (Scotland) Act 2002. No liability is accepted for any harm that may be caused to your systems or data by this message.