From:
Johnnie Sutherland <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Fri, 5 Oct 2001 16:15:22 -0400
--- Begin Forwarded Message ---
Date: Thu, 4 Oct 2001 18:22:53 -0400
From: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Nissan advt
Sender: [log in to unmask]

Am I the only one offended by the Nissan advt, a two page expensive deal,
with the first page highlighted by a pile of burning maps in the desert;
page 2 features a fancy car with fake wood dashboard and e-map therein,
along with text limning the features of the Nissan Navigation system. [And
we all know how accurate these things are...]

Sorry to be an old grump, but burning maps are about the same as burning
books in my mind. Maybe Volkswagen will do something with burning books in
their next ad?

the ad encourages us to visit their website. Gee, maybe we can see the maps
burn in real time?

Alice C. Hudson
Chief, Map Division
The Humanities and Social Sciences Library
The New York Public Library
5th Avenue & 42nd Street, Room 117
New York, NY 10018-2788

[log in to unmask]; 212-930-0589; fax 212-930-0027
--- End Forwarded Message ---