From:
"Angie Cope, AGSL" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 13 Jan 2006 07:44:44 -0600
Subject:        Scanned Map Registry
Date:   Thu, 12 Jan 2006 17:37:01 -0700
From:   Kollen, Chris <[log in to unmask]>
To:     <[log in to unmask]>

Hi everyone:

> As part of a MAGERT Publications Committee project, I have been investigating the development of a registry for scanned mapping projects.  The purpose of such a registry would be several fold:
> *     To find out what scanning has been done in a particular geographic area
> *     Head off any duplication of effort
> *     Resource to use for finding a particular digital image
> *     Way to review various technical parameters were used in different projects -- file format (original scan), file format (display), resolution, color compression, and image management software used
>
> I am recommending that the registry be web-based and have a database behind it.  People would input the information that would be fed into a database.  Then others could do a search by title, keyword or subject (geographic area).  I plan on presenting this at Midwinter at the MAGERT Publications Committee and MAGERT Executive Board.

I have developed three prototype pages to give people an idea of what the pages might look like:
Input Form -- http://dizzy.library.arizona.edu/library/teams/sst/registry_inputform.html
Search Screen -- http://dizzy.library.arizona.edu/library/teams/sst/registry_search.html
Search Result screen -- http://dizzy.library.arizona.edu/library/teams/sst/registry_searchresults.html

If you plan on attending Midwinter, please join us for the discussion at the MAGERT Publications Committee meeting on Saturday January 21st from 4-6 pm in the Convention Center room: Room 003B.
Thanks