From:
Johnnie Sutherland <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Raymond Byrnes <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 7 Jan 1999 11:48:26 -0500
--- Begin Forwarded Message ---
Date: Thu, 07 Jan 1999 10:56:20 -0500
From: Raymond Byrnes <[log in to unmask]>
Subject: Re: satellite image of africa <fwd>

An impressive image of the entire African continent that depicts terrain
elevations was created by scientists at the U.S. Geological Survey's EROS Data
Center (EDC) in South Dakota.   For information on obtaining that image, folks
can call EDC Customer Services at 605-594-6151.   Other examples of
satellite-derived images can be seen by way of the EDC home  page at
<http://edcwww.cr.usgs.gov/eros-home.html>

Hope something useful turns up.

Ray Byrnes
USGS Land Satellite Program Liaison