From:
Angela R Cope <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 2 Nov 2016 20:18:15 +0000

________________________________
From: Gis4lib <[log in to unmask]> on behalf of Darren Hardy Ph.D. <[log in to unmask]>
Sent: Wednesday, November 2, 2016 2:55 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: [Gis4lib] Registration open for Geo4LibCamp 2017

Hi!

Sorry for the cross-postings but I wanted to let everyone know that registration is open for our next Geo4LibCamp event, and I've posted the detailed agenda this week. We're about 3 months from the event in late-January and there's still plenty of spots open. We'd love for you to join us on the beautiful Stanford campus!

Also, please consider giving a lightning talk if you plan to attend. It's optional but we'd love to hear brief presentations (5 mins) about the work you're doing or lessons you've learned or even questions that you'd like to answer during the camp! Our goal is to learn as much from each other about how we're integrating geospatial data into our library systems.

Thanks,
-Darren

--

Geo4LibCamp 2017

Where:    Stanford University
When:     January 30 - February 1, 2017
Who:      GIS developers, librarians, managers
Website:  https://wiki.duraspace.org/display/hydra/Geo4LibCamp+2017
Twitter:  #Geo4LibCamp

Geo4LibCamp is a hands-on meeting to bring together those building repository services for geospatial data. The main focus is to share best-practices, solve common problems, and address technical issues with integrating geospatial data into a repository and associated services. For the purposes of the camp, we broadly define geospatial data from scanned maps and aerial photography to highly structured shapefiles.  The camp is structured as an unconference with suggested topics coming from the participants on the first day of the meeting, but we will also have a few prepared sessions.

Following the camp, on Thursday and Friday, we will have optional post-conference working sessions. We are organizing the 2 day post conference working sessions around the theme of "Becoming a contributor", both for librarians and developers. For contributing data, we'd consider issues like: What is OpenGeoMetadata? What tools are available for sharing? What data and metadata are available from elsewhere? We'd like you to bring your own data and get consultation from others on what to do! For contributing feature, we'd consider issues like: how to harvest more data, developing index maps, being a contributing software developer, etc. We'd like you to bring questions about new or existing features you'd like to see and discuss them with others!