From:
Johnnie Sutherland <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 20 May 1999 14:40:37 -0400
There are 4 messages in this group of messages.
Moderator

Date: Wed, 19 May 1999 16:43:07 -0400
From: Carol Marley <[log in to unmask]>
Subject: Re: course about GIS ? <fwd>
Sender: Carol Marley <[log in to unmask]>

Hi Irene, I have taken the ESRI Arcview course and found it quite useful.
There is an educational discount, lectures, tests and even a certificate of
completion issued. ESRI also has a book and CD ROM Getting ot Know Arcview
with many of the same exercises. I preferred the Web based course.

I have recommended this course to students at McGill who needed to learn
Arcview but couldn't enroll in one of our courses at the university- so far,
no complaints. Carol Marley, McGill University

Thank you

RE:

You could try the following web site: http://unigis.udg.es/

This is the address of the: "Master Internacional a Distancia
 en Sistemas de Información Geográfica (GIS)" that is in spanish.

Montserrat Terradas
Cartoteca de la Universitat de Girona

Tel: 34-972-41.82.29
http://biblioteca.udg.es/carto/carto.htm

If the GIS course needs to be in Spanish, please send your student to
http://listserv.rediris.es/archives/sig.html
This is where the messages from [log in to unmask] are archived. Many
messages have given information about GIS programs/courses in Spanish. It is
also an excellent LISTSERV, based in Spain with numerous Latin American
subscribers.

Martha Gorman
Cesii '99
303 494 4488